Equestrian Life

EquestrianLife.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Days 36 - 46..Sunny weather!!!!

Finally!! One day! One day of precious sun!! No rain and 80 degree weather for one glorious day!!

What did I do during that sunny day?? Anything to stay outside. I bathed horses, my dogs and my car. Did a bunch of barn chores and started organizing my garage. I also worked hard on gentling my wild stallion, Montana. I currently have three mustangs that I am gentling at the same time; Montego, Montana and Ronan.

It was a great day to let everyone out to enjoy a stretch and a spot of grass. I turned Patriot, Montego and Ronan out together. I was calling them the Brown Bunch. Left side Patriot, middle Montego, right side Ronan. All Nevada mustangs and all COMPLETELY different in stature and personality.


While Patriot took a nap...


...Ronan and Montego had a blast playing stallion games. This was the first time I have turned Montego out with other horses.


Then happily went back to eating...


In the round pen, I was working on finally getting my hands on my most wild child, Montana. He's a seven year old stallion gathered in August from the Beaty's Butte HMA. I can touch him everywhere except his legs and head, but will leave at the slightest provocation!! I swear the main problem is that he can't SEE ME through all that hair!!




Alas, the weather turned rainy the next day and it's threatening snow for this weekend. Drats!

2 comments:

Krista Martens said...

They are all beautiful horses Jamie...you are a very lucky lady! Montana is my favorite by far ;)

jtjedi said...

Thanks Krista!He is amazing.

Hope all is well with you!

Jamie